After a heated argument with a passenger, JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater launched into a curse-filled tirade on the PA system, then escaped the plane on the emergency slide. Oh, it gets better.
- Before he exited, he grabbed a beer from the beverage cart.
- After sliding down the emergency chute, he got on the Air Train, removed his company tie and threw it to the ground.
- NBC New York: “When authorities found Slater he seemed to be in the midst of having sexual relations.”
- When the cops came to get him, a neighbor working on a nearby roof said he “had a smile on his face when the cops brought him out, like, ‘Yeah, big deal.’ ”
- He got to do what so many people wish they could do — tell off a rude customer, then quit, triumphantly. Which makes him, for today at least, an Internet folk hero.