Weekend Open Mic

Weather: We tied a record high of 86°F on Thursday and then a cold front came thru on Friday and dropped the temperature down 40+ degrees on Friday.

The week: My wife, Pat had her left knee replaced on Friday at an outpatient surgical center. We were there 9.5 hours and got home at about 7:30 Friday night. She’s doing really good so far, but she’s on some kick-ass drugs. Physical therapy starts today (Saturday). So needless to say we won’t be doing much this week.

TV: We did finish the 5th (and last so far) season of Lucifer (Netflix). It had a nice surprise at the end. Then we watched the first and only available season of The Unicorn (Netflix). We really liked that. Funny and yet heartwarming family story. We’re continuing Fargo (FX).

That’s it from B&P Headquarters in St. Louis. What’s going on in your world?

13 thoughts on “Weekend Open Mic”

1. Jonco: great to hear your bride is doing well. Make sure she completes the physical therapy–I have heard of people who did not after getting a new knee and ended up with more issues.

As for binge watching, I am well in to season 2 of the original MacGyver. I remember watching this when it was out–but apparently I missed the first couple of seasons. The cars and hair styles are bringing back memories.

2. We had a visiting nurse stop by today. She said she was still “protected” by the drugs given during and right after surgery. She said they would probably wear off by tonight (Saturday) and she will feel like she’s been hit by a Mack truck. It seems that the truck has arrived. She’s really gone downhill today in regard to her mobility and uphill in regard to pain. They told us to stay ahead of the pain by using the Percoset every 4 to 6 hours. day and night.
    A physical therapist came by today also and gave her exercises to do.
    The next few days will be interesting, to say the least.

3. Best wishes for Pat in her recovery. The first week and a half of my hip replacement recovery was quite unpleasant, but after that it got better quickly. I am seven weeks in now, and I am back to about 95 percent of my abilities, but with NO PAIN! Keep reminding her about the “no pain” part that is coming.
    Physical Therapy is a must, but don’t let her overdo it either. I kept pushing my limits for a couple of weeks and got some aches and cramps, until the therapist had me tone it back some.
    Take care of her in the meantime, and tell her all us B&P’ers wish her well.

4. My dad had knee replacement surgery and was back up in no time! The payoff is worth it. If she’s put up with you all these years, this should be easy for her! Lol. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

• ALOL. I’m trying to take good care of her to ‘pay it forward’, so she takes care of me and doesn’t ship me off to a home when the time comes. 🙂

5. Hey Jonco, this is the time to do all the naughty and illicit things you’ve been wanting to do now that Pat can’t chase you down and kick you in the ass.Just remember though, when she’s better it will come back in spades. Hope her rehab goes well.

6. Thanks everybody for the kind words and good wishes. Today was kind of a rough day here. I’m hoping that things will get a little better tomorrow.