1) A rope ladder is hanging over the side of a ship, with the bottom rung just touching the water. The rungs are 25com apart. How many rungs will be under the water when the tide has risen 1 metre?
2) How many calendar months have 28 days?
3) If you are running in a marathon and you overtake the person in second position, what position are you in?
4) I have many keys but few locks. I have space but no room. You can enter, but you cannot come in. What am I?
5) You enter a dark house in the middle of the night. Inside is an oil lamp, a gas fire and a stove full of wood. You only have one match. What do you light first?
6) What gets wetter as it dries?
7) What is as light as a feather, but even the strongest man cannot hold it for more than a few minutes.
8) What sport begins with a ‘T’ and has 4 letters?
9) What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?
10) The maker does not need it, the buyer does not want to use it, and the user doesn’t see it. What is it?