The first McDonald’s hamburger restaurant opened on December 12, 1948 in San Bernadino California. It was owned by Maurice and Richard (“Mac” and “Dick”) McDonald. Ray Kroc joined the company in 1954 as a franchise agent.
Kroc eventually bought out the McDonald brothers and built the chain into what it has become.
Kroc died in 1984.
Click to enlarge photos below