Dear Old Love is a blog with an immense selection of love notes to people we have loved in the past. These notes often are not more two sentences long and are pretty deep emotionally. Though a lot of notes available are sad and pithy, cheesy and funny ones can also found.
Here are a few examples:
- Part of me sees your continued presence in my life as my prize for not being a crazy ex.
- I have so many glorious overseas travel plans for the next couple years. Plans I would give up in an instant if you asked me to stay here, with you.
- You loved me when all I had was a twin mattress on a cold wooden floor. Now I have a big, warm bed and no you.
- You ended up being such a pussy—I don’t know why mine confused you so much.
- When I hung out with you, it could never be for two hours like normal people. It was always entire days. I liked it like that. I miss that.
- Sometimes when I see people on the street I get really jealous of them because they don’t know you.
- Remember that time you told me I was perfect just the way I am? I need to hear that again.
- You loved my hair. I’m shaving my head.
- I still drink soy sauce straight from the bottle. You once told me you did the same when you missed me. I wonder if you still do.
- I think I could have loved you if you were a better speller.
- You were the best nightmare a girl could have.
- I wonder if your dog misses me as much as I miss him.
- Us together was like peanut butter with bellybutton lint.
- My heart won’t take the message my brain reads loud and clear.